3.12.2014

Stripey Plantain

 

I've had the Deer and Doe Plantain pattern cut out and sitting on my table for quite some time now.  I'm so glad I finally took the time to make it. If you haven't seen it yet, it's a free pattern and it's really great!
 I couldn't decide what fabric to use and finally settled on this blue and white striped knit from Girl Charlee.  I bought the fabric this summer intending to use it for a jersey  summer dress (tutorial HERE).  But it ended up being a bit too slinky and so on the shelf it sat. 
 I'm not sure how I feel about the elbow patches.  Maybe I should have done them in something more subdued. 
Overall, I love this pattern and will definitely make it again.  The fabric ended up having a really nice drape and is very comfortable.  I even got a compliment in the hall at work.  Check out the Deer and Doe Pinterest page for more inspiration.

0 comments:

Post a Comment