10.09.2013

Kimono Slippers

 The leaves are changing color and the air is crisp and cool.  It's officially slipper season.  
Every year I feel like it's a bit of a struggle finding the perfect, cozy slippers.  Duh, why not make my own.
 I settled on this pattern.  I love the instant gratification of a PDF pattern.
 Mine came out cute and cozy, but not nearly as cute as the ones pictured.  The pattern is fairly easy to follow, though there were times I could have used a little more detail.  I read a review that said the pattern ran small.  I cut a size 7, which is my size, and found that for me, the pattern ran way big!  I had to alter the sizing quite a bit.
 To make the insole, I ended up sandwiching Peltex between 2 layers of fleece, cutting it to size, and then sewing a zig zig stitch all the way around. 
I also used some grippy fabric for the bottoms for functionality.  Not so cute, but comes in handy when chasing kids around the house.
Overall, I like the slippers and I like the pattern.  I'm looking forward to making another pair for me and maybe some for the kids.  The pattern isn't sized for kids, but I think I can figure out how to size it down.
 
Do you have a favorite slipper pattern?  I'd love to hear about it.

7 comments:

  1. Love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are the cutest slippers! Of course, I went and checked out the place to buy the pattern and saw all the other patterns there for footwear. There are a few there that I am going to have to get.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are adorable. Love your fabric/button choices. I've sewn Room Shoes before using a great pattern by I Think Sew. I've sewn it twice! The fit runs accurately I think too. Here's my post link if you want to see! http://bluesusanmakes.blogspot.com/2012/01/room-shoes.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love your shoes! I almost bought that pattern as well. Thanks for the comment :)

      Delete
  4. I love these! I actually like them better than the ones on etsy -- they look cozier. I think I might have to make some for myself and for presents! You've got me thinking about Christmas already :)

    ReplyDelete