5.14.2013

Skirt As Top TOP

 This cute scoop neck top by Skirt as Top has been popping up here and there and since the pattern is FREE, I thought I'd give it a try.
Though I do really like the style, I was worried it would be a bit big on me.  I'm a pretty small person and big and flowy doesn't really flatter my lack of curves (if you know what I mean).  So I grabbed a shirt with a similar cut and brought the side seam in a bit.  I ended up taking it in even more after finishing.

The style is great, really easy to make and to wear.  I would definitely recommend this pattern as a great way to dive into the world of knits.  For me, it helped me tackle my ever growing pile seen here. 
 

And, while you're thinking of shirts, don't forget that you need a skirt to go with that shirt!  Crafterhours has launched Skirt Week 2013. 
Are you entering?  Look here for some inspiration.  Maybe I'll make another Simplicity 2226 and play along.


4 comments:

  1. it looks really great on you!! thanks for making it and i'm glad you were able to alter it to fit your shape so well! sorry i haven't made it here to comment sooner. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks so cute and well made, I love the detail on the sleeves :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like that you took it in, looks great!

    ReplyDelete