9.02.2012

Back to School Backpack

In the blink of an eye, this little baby girl

became this big girl, heading off to kindergarten. 

The first day was tough, but we all hung in there and she had a great time and can't wait to go back next week.  The backpack she was using seemed too big and heavy for her, so I finally used Rae's instructions to enlarge her toddler backpack and made a big kid backpack. 

Miss M picked the fabric and was happy with the result.  I'm curious to see how it holds up on the back and forth trips to school 5 days a week. 

If nothing else, at least I know I'm sending her off in style, with a little reminder of me on her back. 

2 comments:

  1. Very cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really never know, time passes by so fast. Now, you have a big girl already! You are a very good mom making such a cute bag for your daughter. I'll be thankful if you could visit our site. :) www.ebrothersewingmachine.com/before-you-buy-a-sewing-machine. You can view our reviews if you want to buy a new sewing machine.

    ReplyDelete