11.13.2014

Self Drafted Laptop Bag

This fall has seemed to fly by in a blur.  Between the start of school, both kids birthdays, Halloween and getting ready for some upcoming craft fairs, I haven't done much sewing just for the fun of it.  Luckily all that stuff is pretty much behind me and though I know it's right around the corner, I'm not quite ready to think about the holiday season yet.
 I recently got a new, much smaller, work laptop and therefore needed a new bag for it.  I searched online and couldn't really find anything that met my needs. 
I wanted something small, but larger than just a laptop sleeve.  It needed to have handles, room for my power cord and a few extra odds and ends. After much searching, I decided to just make my own.  I was surprised at how easy it ended up being.
I measured my computer and drafted a bag just slightly larger than the laptop itself.  I used some home dec vinyl I had in my stash to make the handles.
And as usual, I dove into this project not sure if it would turn out well or not, so I didn't take any pictures along the way. Turns out, I LOVE this bag and wish I had taken pictures so I could post a tutorial.  
I'm thinking I'll either make one to sell or make one to give as a gift.  Either way, there will most likely be a tutorial in the near future. 

Have a lovely weekend!

2 comments:

  1. It is really nice. Any chance for a tutorial before Christmas? ;) I would like to make one for my sis as a present. Thank you! And greetings from Hungary, Tunde :)

    ReplyDelete