5.07.2012

Bike Bucket for a Boy

 My friend Roselee and her kids were over last week for some biking and she commented that it was time to make my son a bike bucket.  She has made some really cute ones for her girls. 
 So I followed the same Noodlehead tutorial she used and voila, bike bucket for a boy!  

The one thing I did differently is make the lining about 2 inches taller than the exterior, so I could just fold it over and sew in place, rather than sewing a separate binding on the top.

My son is just starting to really ride his bike, and yes, he is riding his older sister's hand-me-down Dora bike.  Now much more manly with his construction themed bucket.
The perfect spot to carry along a special friend.

5 comments:

  1. love it! thanks for the nice photo's!

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute! can you tell me what the fabric is? I'm doing a construction theme party for my son and I would love to have some of this for it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh sure, I should have put it in the post. It's Michael Miller, Tot Town Dig It. I got mine at fabric.com here: http://www.fabric.com/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=d81601c1-6c75-4c71-bc3d-cf0045495acd

      This fabric is perfect for a construction party!

      Delete
  3. so cute! love that he's riding a hand me down dora bike! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. very cool!


    I linked to your tutorial on my blog - thanks for sharing!

    doro K.

    ReplyDelete