2.15.2012

Channeling Spring

The other night I came across a blog I hadn't seen before and was instantly inspired.  Elle Apparel has some nice tutorials for clothing and though I didn't follow any one in particular, her ideas definitely got me thinking about making more clothes for myself.  
I'm not nearly as cute as Leanne and I really hate having my picture taken, so you'll have to bear with me.

First I made this cute shirt dress.  The shirt was $10 at Target and the skirt is fabric I'd had in my stash for a long time.  It's not perfect, but good enough for a first try.  I plan on making more, once it's actually warm out.  Despite it being about 34 degrees, my husband convinced me to go outside for these photos.  True blog dedication. 

Next, I made myself a skirt. I just bought this skirt from Old Navy.  I love the fit and style, so I just traced it and made another.




Once it gets warm here, this skirt will get a lot of mileage.  I made the shirt for our trip to Florida last month. 

 What have you added to your wardrobe lately?  Any great tutorials out there I should know about?  I'd love to hear from you!

4 comments:

  1. LOVE that striped skirt! I tend to love stripes in general, and this is a really fresh look!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful skirts! You've done such a wonderful job, especially getting the lines so perfect and matching the stripes. Glad you went outside for pics! I needed some Spring inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That skirt you made is absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just arrived here, and I'm loving your blog! You did a great job there, with both outfits!! I will be a follower, for sure.

    ReplyDelete