11.02.2010

Cleaning out the Stash

Over the past year or so, I've dedicated more and more time to sewing. With all the amazing blogs and craft books, I've felt so inspired. But I've learned one thing about myself, I'm a bit scattered and find myself dabbling in different things. I get bored with a project quickly and can't stick to one thing. As a result, my sewing space is full of bins and shelves of different kinds of fabrics and supplies. So, I've decided that I NEED to clean out a little and work with what I've got and try try try to not buy too much new stuff. It's really hard....but so far so good. Here are a few things I've worked on.

I started my craft fair life sewing a simple tunic jumper dress. It's a very fun and easy project, but needed an update. So I added a box pleat to the top and made this cute dress from some red corduroy on my shelf from last Christmas. I especially like the polka dotted facing.

I made another version with a more summery fabric and decided to add a decorative button tab. Can you tell I love polka dots!

Since I've discovered re-purposing, anytime I hit the thrift store, I usually return with armfuls of sweaters for felting and shirts for making shirts for the kids etc. Another new item I've discovered is making onesies from old T-shirts. I love that you can find colors that you might have a hard time finding in a fabric shop. And the elephant applique is really fun!

With all the destashing, I did treat myself to a little bit of new fabric. I bought a yard of this heart print on sale with the intention of making a tunic for my 4 year old, but was also feeling the onesie inspiration. I've got the tunic cut out and should have it sewn up soon....unless I get distracted by another project.....

And now for the shameless plug. All these items are for sale in my esty, shop: www.zaaberry.etsy.com. Click on over and take a look!

0 comments:

Post a Comment