4.30.2014

DIY Earring Frame

 Mother's Day is right around the corner.  Here's a really easy and useful gift that you can whip up in a hurry.  Anybody who loves earring as much as I do, will be very happy to receive this, especially if it comes with a cute new pair of earrings....hint, hint...

Here's what you'll need:
  • A frame - any size, big or small works.  I found mine in the back of my junk closest
  • a piece of foam board or cardboard.  Thin, but sturdy is the goal.  If it's too thick, you won't be able to get the back of frame secured
  • burlap
  • glue gun
 Take the frame apart and use the glass to trace and cut your cardboard.
 Cut your burlap to be a few inches larger than the cardboard.
Fold over the edges and glue in place.  Trim any excess.  put the burlap covered cardboard back into the frame and start hanging your earrings.
 If you follow me on Facebook then you saw the earring frame I made for myself back in January.  Now you can make one for yourself, your mom, your sister....all the earring lovers in your life!

1 comment:

  1. looks good but even the thought of burlap makes me ich going to try open weave linen. thanks

    ReplyDelete