5.05.2011

Another Spring Top

So, you may remember I mentioned in a previous post that I am slightly obsessive about some things. Not in a good way where I'm meticulous, but more in a way where I'm super busy but still feel a NEED to make more tops for Rae's Spring Top Sewalong. What's wrong with me! So, I made another top, but this is it, no more. The limit is 3 anyway.....

I hate posing for photos, thank goodness my husband is a good sport. What's up with my pinkie finger?

In any case, I do really love this top. I used a top I bought last year in Switzerland. The fitted top and flared bottom I find really flattering on me. I left the bottom edge unfinished since knits don't unravel and I like the way it rolls a bit.


Here's an up close pic of the shirring on the top.

I thew this photo in just for kicks. I've never done one of these in the mirror shots. It's a little grainy because of the low light, but not a bad pic.

Anyway, go check out all the other great entries on Flickr. The deadline is Monday, and I'm 99.9% sure this is my last one.....

15 comments:

  1. Super cute!!! Both my girls walked in when I was reading this post and said, "Oh! That's a cute shirt!" :) Good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh this is adorable! Love all the little details!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought you bought it at Old Navy when I saw it on you! Maybe there's a career as a clothing designer there! :) Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow I love this top! I may have to "borrow" some of the design (if that's okay)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was one of my favorites in the flickr pool, congrats on making the cut!

    ReplyDelete
  6. really cute top! love the color. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! Im a new blogger and ur new follower! Loved ur top! Its AWESOME!! N it looks fabulous on u!

    Do check out my blog at http://aliascreativelife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it! You've inspired me to attempt to refashion a plain knit top of mine that I'm just not happy with. Maybe I can make it into something as fabulous as your top!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I want to make a shirt like that!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh! This is fabulous! I love the color, it's perfect for any season. Love you blog BTW!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How cute are you? Love the top, the design, the details. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your top so I wanted to let you know yours was the one I voted for. :) It looks very comfortable and flattering.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks so much for all your wonderful comments! I didn't win, but it was fun to participate and make it to the finals.

    ReplyDelete