4.01.2011

Slightly Obsessed


For those of you who don't know me personally, you might not know how obsessive I can be. I'm not someone who's obsessed with details or things being perfect. More like I make something that's fun and easy and I just keep making it.

So, when I first saw these bracelets by Vanessa at V and Co, they looked too hard, so I thought, those are cute, but I don't have time to figure it out. Then, she posted a video and made it look so much easier.

So I made one, then another, then another.....all in about 15 minutes.


Do I need 6 bracelets....no. Will I wear 6 bracelets......no. Can I stop making these....no!

But I will share with you what I learned in case you decide to make one (or 6) yourself. The first ones I made (hot pink and light yellow above) I made with a cotton spandex blend. I didn't like the way they came out because they're almost too perfect looking. The ones below I made with leftover scraps from repurposed shirts, and I liked the result much better.

I also liked the 2 finger result the best. The four finger is really chunky and I've got tiny wrists, it was just too much. The hot pink on the far left is a 4 finger, the rest are 2 finger with varying strip thicknesses.


Here's the evidence, I did actually wear one today. And will probably wear it again.

And I did make one for my daughter and I think she will wear hers too.

So go check out the video, it's pretty cute with Vanessa's daughter singing in the background. But be forewarned, it's addictive!

4 comments:

  1. very cute! those look fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited to make these! They are soooo cute! Love your blog, I'm a huge fan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. okay love it and i love that you made soo many of them! i want to use your picture you uploaded to flicker to show them off!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see you made one in a patterned knit. i love these bracelets and my solid color ones turn out awesome. but when i try to make one with a patterned knit for some reason my colors keep trying to turn inward so its the plain backside showing. could you give me any advice on how you got your colors to stay on the outside? thanks so much! I will admit i am addicted to these too =D

    ReplyDelete