5.26.2010

My own Kid's Clothes Challenge

Last week was a busy week between my husband's birthday and getting ready for an upcoming overseas trip where I'll be leaving my babies for a whole week....so I didn't participate in the official Kid's Clothing Week Challenge. Instead, I set forth on my own challenge: to start using up my stash of clothing bought second hand to re-purpose.

Here's just a tiny bit of my stash.

And here's what I made:


I forgot to take a before picture of this next top, but imagine a giant, ugly tube top, turned into super cute little girl tank.



And, I am in love with Kai's shirt from Heather Ross' Weekend Sewing. A fun shirt for a fun little boy.


I made a lot more clothing that I didn't get around to taking photos of, but I'm proud that I am actually making a dent in my stash, resisted the urge to go to the Salvation Army today on 1/2 price day, and my kids are looking cute and enjoying their new clothes!

2 comments:

  1. As a friend who has seen both these cuties in person in their new duds, I can say they are even more adorable in person!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww! So freaking cute! I'm quite impressed!

    ReplyDelete