7.03.2015

First Birthday Shirt // FREE Silhouette Cut File

 In the past year or so, I've developed a reputation in my local community as the go-to seamstress for kid projects.  I've made a few bow ties and neck ties for weddings, a few tooth fairy pillows, and a few birthday shirts and dresses.  I've been able to use my Silhouette Portrait to cut some cute applique and I thought I would attempt to share my files.  I've uploaded the Silhouette Studio file to google drive.  You should be able to download the file
 For this applique I used Pellon Wonder-Under instead of the Silhouette fusible interfacing and I found it worked the same if not better.  With both interfacings, I've had trouble with the thread breaking while I'm sewing.  I did a search and came across a neat little trick.  I rubbed the tiniest amount of sewing machine oil on my needle.  Sure enough, no more broken thread!  I also sewed the smile and the nostrils by hand.  Too delicate for my machine skills.
Oh and remember my City Gym Shorts from way back in June?  Well, I guess I made the finals in Imagine Gnats, Shorts on the Line Contest.  Go check out the top 21 shorts here and vote for your favorite.

0 comments:

Post a Comment