9.19.2013

Polka Dot Peplum

I've been seeing cute peplum tops everywhere lately. After seeing this post at Kitschy Coo, I thought it would be fun to try and make my own.
I used my own shirt pattern and followed her instructions to make the peplum.  I really like the result.  I paired it with a navy maxi skirt I made and a belt.  You may have noticed I've been having fun playing with my photos in picmonkey as well. 
I really like the side silhouette, though this photo makes me look much more curvy than I actually am.

The back isn't perfect, but that's okay.  I'm sure I'll be making more.
 My next adventure is trying Kitschy Coo's Lady Skater pattern.
So far I've got the pattern pieced together and cut out.  I had it printed at a local copy shop, which was really worth it.  For $3, they printed it all on a heavier weight paper.  As I was putting it all together my son was all excited that I was "doing a puzzle".  All put together, the pattern is larger than a tall 5 year old!  Definitely requires some space!

I'm excited to show you my Lady Skaters.  I have a feeling I'm going to love this pattern.

4 comments:

  1. Love your polka-dot peplum and can't wait to see your Lady Skater :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This turned out so pretty and you look stunning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you look stunning!!! Love the peplum.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! The shirt is adorable...love polka dots!

    ReplyDelete