I have to confess, I'm a little addicted to making these beach robes! I made another for a gift for a friend....
My daughter's robe has been through the wash a few times and I noticed the last time she put it on that the bias tape was coming loose in places. Most likely due to my less than stellar sewing skills. So, when I made this most recent one, I decided to use a wide zig zag stitch for the bias tape.
I think it will be a little more secure, and I think it looks really nice as well.
Especially on the tie, where I like to add some fabric, so a little extra bulk.
Give it a try. Tell me what you think!